Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Homesick

A few years ago i thought it would be a good idea to start a blog. So i did. And then i never posted anything, so here goes my second attempt. My life is an extremely blessed one, i come from a huge family that loves me, and my job allows me the opportunity to share the Gospel with people for a living. I have been privileged to meet so many incredible people, and i hate the fact that goodbyes are a part of life. I am terrible at "moving on," whether it's in the end of dating relationships or just the inevitable reality that friends come and go as life takes us all in different directions.
I am convinced that God never intended for us to know what "goodbye" even means. I know that change is a reality here on earth, i just can't wait till we get Home and won't ever have to leave the ones we love. The following quote from C.S. Lewis is one of my favorites:

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

The only real tragedies are when we buy into the voice that tells us that our deepest desires can never be satisfied or we just settle for empty promises and partial satisfactions to numb the ache. I wish i could say that i always live for Heaven, but i often find myself settling for so much less.

No comments:

Post a Comment